Over 40k masks shipped!
It’s hard to believe that it’s already been 6 weeks since I started this project to import masks. Since the end of March I’ve personally shipped over 40k masks to people all across the US. To all those who donated early, thank you for being patient as I work through all of the supply chain issues.
It’s great to be of service.
There have been numerous changes and updates over the weeks.
Here are the latest:
1. I am continuing to bring in more product. If you need more masks, you can order more any time. For small orders I should be able to fulfill them within a week now. Larger orders (over $500) you should assume 2 – 3 weeks.
2. No more minimum quantity! Now you can order as few as 10pcs of KN95s and 50pcs surgical masks.
3. New bulk discounts! Order a full carton and get a discount. It’s easier for me to ship full cartons so I’m passing that discount on to you.
4. New domain name (https://uberquickppe.com) to help people identify the shop. You can still reach it from the old URL though.
5. New infrastructure updates. I have upgraded systems so people should be getting tracking info more reliably via email.
6. Share the site. A lot of people have asked me if they can share the site. Yes, please share! Everyone needs masks, especially now as the country starts opening and people start mixing again.
The goal from the beginning of this thing was to bring in enough inventory to eventually be able to offer same or next day shipping on orders.
Lead times for orders have come down dramatically since the end of March. It’s not quite same day yet but that’s my goal.
The situation in China continues to change daily. One of my shippers told me that between April 10th and when we were talking on the 22nd, Chinese customs had issued 10 new regulations specifically on exporting masks. So far all of my shipments have cleared customs but the time it has taken to clear has varied from 3 days to 10 days.
I mention this to clue you in a little bit into what I am dealing with on the supply side. There is simply no faster way to bring in equipment other than to order a lot more upfront. The cost of this is significant especially with a volatile market so I have to be sure I’m not too far extended.
Transitioning to a store
This project started as a way to help out local doctors and healthcare workers procure PPE when their hospitals and offices weren’t able provide adequate equipment.
Despite my best efforts not to start another store, the inevitable happened and we may as well call a spade a spade. It’s still just me though so please be kind, I’m doing the best I can. There is nothing more frustrating to me than a backlog of orders waiting for inventory!
With my supply chain now setup, I am now starting to help businesses get PPE as the country starts coming out of our homes and getting back to work.
Masks for Businesses
If your business needs PPE, I’d love to be your source. My aim is to provide the lowest possible prices so that this critical PPE is as available as possible.
If you are a tax exempt organization, please email me your exemption certificate and I can set you up with a tax exempt account.
As you can see on the site, there are already large quantity discounts available. Please respond to this email if you need a quote for something special or not offered through the site.
Stay safe out there!